Thursday, August 13, 2009

MTBO WOC rest day update

You have may have already seen the results of the first two events, but in case you didn't I once again was able to make the podium in the Middle distance race, this time in 5th place. The Long Qualification went well, I took it quite easy to save energy and wasn't too concerned with placing high in the heat as starting last offers no real advantage here; in fact the later the day goes on the hotter it seems to get.

The Middle race was a very different affair, with technical riding and navigation a plenty. My race felt very scrappy, but after looking at the splits it was really just 3 legs where I lost 60 sec or more which was the difference between the top step and where I finished.

Today was the first of two rest days for me, as with the relay tomorrow we have no team so I get an extra day off! We spent some of the day wandering the old city of Jerusalem; below are some pics of the day.











No comments: